I love wraps because you can throw anything in one to make a meal. In this case I used leftover kale salad and some sliced portabello mushrooms prepared using a recipe for mushroom burgers that includes a sun-dried tomato basil “mayonnaise” and a basil-garlic-tamari marinade. The result – a wrap bursting with flavor!
What’s your favorite wrap?
Recipe adapted from VegNews
4 sun-dried tomatoes
3T hot water
2/3c freshly chopped basil, divided
2T garlic, minced and divided
3/4c vegan mayonnaise
3T olive oil
2T balsamic vinegar
2T tamari or soy sauce
6 portobello mushrooms, de-stemmed and sliced
- Place the sun-dried tomatoes in a small bowl, add the hot water, and set aside for 15 minutes to rehydrate.
- In a food processor, place the sun-dried tomato/water mixture, 1/2c chopped basil, 1T garlic, and the mayonnaise, and process for 1 minute. Transfer mixture to a small bowl and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the remaining chopped basil and garlic, olive oil, vinegar, and tamari. Soak the mushrooms in the marinade and then saute them in a skillet until tender.
- Spread “mayonnaise” on wrap, fill with mushrooms and kale salad, and roll.
- Enjoy your handheld wonder!