Finally found a reason to make this recipe I’ve been craving for over a year! The reason? To use the new mini bread tins I bought at a garage sale today, of course! Yummy, am eating one of them now!
I renamed it from “Chocolate Chip Banana Bread” since I decided to use a very dark chocolate bar (72%) I cut it into small “bits” instead of regular chips.
3 large ripe bananas
1T ground flax seed mixed with 3T water
1c granulated sugar
4T melted Earth Balance
1.5c unbleached organic all purpose flour
1t baking soda
1/2t almond extract
1t cinnamon (or try different spices such as nutmeg or ginger)
1/2c vegan chocolate chips (the ones from Traders Joe’s are vegan)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease loaf pan(s)
- Mash bananas, add ground flaxseed/water mixture. Beat until well combined.
- Add sugar, melted Earth Balance, vanilla and almond extracts and beat to combine thoroughly.
- Mix flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and chocolate chips. Add to banana mixture and stir until just moist.
- Bake 55-65 minutes at 350 degrees until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Place pan on a rack and turn out when cool.
- Slice when completely cooled and enjoy!